Goals and Vision & Mission Statements
East High School, in partnership with families and the community, will capitalize on their rich diversity to develop life-long learners, capable of adapting to the ever-changing world. Students will learn to accept responsibility for their learning and act with integrity, while feeling pride in their accomplishments. East High School will guide students to reach their full potential to become successful in a globally diverse society by:
- Creating a climate and culture of caring and respect
- Establishing a foundation of building goals and student/adult expectations that will be advanced through the years
- Engaging students in an articulated, rigorous and relevant curriculum
- Using research based strategies, along with high expectations, to increase student achievement and prepare students for post-secondary education and/or the world of work
- Encouraging students to participate in school and/or service programs that will strengthen bonds between the school, student, parents and community
- Developing a variety of communication methods to effectively convey these expectations, goals and accomplishments to all stakeholders.
East High School 2014-2015 Academic Goals
1. Increase the reading proficiency rate on the Iowa Assessment for students in grades 9th-11th by 4% (68.20% – 72.40%).
2. Increase the math proficiency rate on the Iowa Assessment for students in grades 9th– 11th by 2% (63.40%-65.40%).
3. Increase the science proficiency rate on the Iowa Assessment for students in grades 9th-11th by 4% (59.20% – 63.20%).
4. Reduce the number of out of school suspensions by 10% (2,226 suspensions – 2,003 suspensions).
5. Reduce the number of level 2+ referrals 10% (2036 suspensions – 1832 suspensions).
6. Increase the daily attendance rate by .2% (95.20% – 95.40%).